Date of birth: 21. 09. 1981
Gender: Female Nationality: Iranian
Working as IELTS Administrator and Clerical Marker at the ELS Center
Teaching English as a Second Language at ELS Center Aug 2014- Now
CELTA: Teaching House at Teaching house, Washington D.C
– Taught pre- and upper- intermediate multilingual classes of 10- 17 students in English as a Second Language.
– Tailored lesson according to research and analysis of students needs
– Employed original and authentic texts; created activities targeting receptive and productive skills and language systems.
– Used and adapted materials from different Cambridge books. May 2103- Jun 2013
Teacher Training Course, Fars, Iran Sep 2000-Aug 2002
Working in Education Department as a Science Teacher, Fars, Iran Aug 2002-2009
MA in English Literature
University of Saint Thomas, MN, USA May 2012- Dec 2014
University of Cambridge ESOL Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adult (CELTA), Washington. D.C May 2013
MA in English Literature Aug 2009-Jun 2011
Jyoti Nivas College,Banglore ,India
BA in English language and literature Aug 2003 –Aug 2008 Larestan, Fars, Iran
Teacher training course
Shiraz, Fars, Iran Sep 2000-Aug 2002
High School Diploma Aug 1996-Aug 2000
ACHIVEMENTS & EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
• Attending conferences such as:
Transatlantic Literature at Harvard – “Pick me up a more representative model”: The Third Space in The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.” – 2014
Popular Culture Association and American Culture Association in Chicago- “Re-conceptualized God in The Sparrow” -2014
Red River Graduate Student in North Dakota- “Moving beyond Islamic fundamentalism and American Orientalism in Satrapi’s Persepolis” – 2014
• Achieved first prize of seminar on “The effect of Islam on Iranian writers” in Fars, Iran.
• Publish an essay in Jyoti Nivas College Journal titled “Endless Story”’ which deals with the oppression impose on women in Iran.
• First class in all the semesters of BA in Iran and MA in India
• Scored the highest mark in my teacher training course with 86.8%
• Second prize for the best teacher in Fars state of Iran
• Bagged the first prize for the best teacher for five continuous years in the native place Larestan, Fars, Iran.
• Thought the undergraduate student in India as a part of my course
• Done IELTS and TOEFL tests as a part of university and visa requirements.
Persian (Native), English, Intermediate Hendi, Basic French.